Laws and Regulations
McFile GmbH is based in Switzerland and operates according to the Laws and Regulations of the Swiss Confederation, specially under the DPA – Swiss Federal Data Protection Act.
McFile GmbH is in conformity with the new requirements of the regulation of data privacy of the European Union – GDPR (EU Regulation 2016/679).
According to the Swiss Federal Act on the Surveillance of Postal and Telecommunications Traffic – SPTT, McFile GmbH is not obliged to promote technical means to intercept communications of its clients, even if it is possible.
Any data provided to McFile GmbH through our platform on the cloud or website are considered privileged information. Your data will never be sold or shared with third parties.
All the data processing is done according to the rights and privacy regulations of the European Union (GDPR). According to the GDPR, citizens and residents of the European Union owns the following rights:
- Right to access their personal data;
- Right to correct personal data we have of you;
- Right to request exclusion of your personal data;
- Right to suspend the processing of your personal data;
- Right to transfer your personal data to yourself or third parties;
- Withdraw the consent of your personal data processing.
If you wish to prosecute any of the rights described above, contact us using the contact channels provided in our website.
Our prevailing policy is to collect the minimum data of the user to grant more privacy and anonymity during the use of our services.
The collection of user data of McFile limits to the following activities:
- Account creation: Necessary registration data such as name, e-mail, telephone and company name;
- Account activity: Data and access hour, IP address, device used and register of system’s operations such as consultation, registers and editions are stored in internal logs;
- Communication with McFile: Your communications with sales and support requests, error reports or functionality requests will be saved by our team. Our helpdesk operates through Helpscout and Olark tools. Consequently, both companies can also access the request’s history;
- Budget requests and similar: we store filled data and provided in the forms on our websites by the user in Moskit CRM, which can access your data as well;
- Informative e-mailing: we send communications through e-mail to clients and other interested in our services by the platform MailChimp (The Rocket Science Group LLC), where we store the e-mail address, name and telephone, if provided by the user. MailChimp can access your data, that can be deleted through unregistering of our list;
- Navigation on our website: Visits number, accessed pages, regional localization of access, time spent among other information stored through Google Analytics (Alphabet Inc.), all of them devoid of any means that can identify its owner;
- Payment transactions through credit card are processed by third parties (Stripe platform) and McFile does not retain any information of customer’s payment.
McFile does not have any kind of publicity in its website. All data we have will never be shared with third parties, except in the circumstances described below in “Data Divulgation”. Your data can be used internally by McFile GmbH for analysis and improvement of our services, being previously unprovided of any personal information that indicates its owner;
Your e-mail address will be used only to contact you with news and updates about McFile, to send warnings related to system’s operations and satisfaction surveys of our services.
McFile’s services are provided through platform AWS Cloud of company Amazon Web Services, Inc. AWS Cloud has innumerable certificates of security and compliance such as ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and ISO 27018. Servers are property and operated by Amazon in several regions across the world.
Services provided by McFile and the consequent data storing occurs in the following regions of AWS Cloud:
- South America Region (Sao Paulo);
- European Region (Ireland);
- East Coast Region of US (North of Virginia).
Data storage in servers of east region of US or in Europe may be restricted according to compliance policy or privacy of each McFile client. To request restriction of data storage in specific regions, contact us.
All client information stored in AWS Cloud are cryptographed, having its access limited by Amazon, being released only due to valid and legal order of any governmental or normative body.
Accounts that are inactive longer than three months may, by our judgment, be subject to automatic exclusion. Active accounts will have data conserved for undetermined time.
McFile will only release data of any of our users via a court order or an executive title from any Canton of Zug Court or Swiss Supreme Federal Court.
This agreement is regulated, in all its terms and conditions, by the law in force in the Canton of Zug in the Swiss Confederation. All the actions prosecuted with basis on this Policy must be prosecuted in Zug in Swiss Confederation.